Download a PDF version of my resume.
What I’m about:
Digital marketer with entrepreneurial experience. Cofounder of three startup: Taxiwise, Citywise and Cloud & You. Independent wedding and real estate photographer. Specialize in user acquisition, email marketing and go-to-market strategy. Enjoy getting “down and dirty” to create and scale businesses. Fluent in English, Chinese and French.
At the time of sale in 2014, Taxiwise was rated one of the Top 20 Startups in Hong Kong by StartupHK as well as one of 2014 Hottest Startups to Watch by Hong Kong Business Magazine. It was also #5 on the list of useful transportation apps to download in Asia by Travel + Leisure Magazine.
I also blog at www.themoderndayman.com teaching the men of today what it means to be a gentlemen. I’m an avid whisky fan and share my knowledge (and my dram) wherever and whenever possible.
Where I studied:
San Jose State University, B.S. Marketing
August 2005 | San Jose
What I have Done:
Growth Marketing Manager, Livongo Health
April 2018 – Present | Mountain View
At Livongo, my primary duties are to launch new product and conditions and to enroll membersto retention. Within my time at Livongo, I’ve created our go-to-market strategy includingmessaging positioning, cadence and tactics to executing on the plans, creating marketingjourneys and reporting on enrollment. I’m now in charge of launching our next product.
Marketing & Investor Relations Consultant, SVB Capital
Oct 2017 – April 2018 | Menlo Park
SVB Capital is the venture capital and fund management arm of SVB Financial Group. SVB Capital oversees and manages more than $3.3 billion of commitments across a platform of funds and special accounts.
As an Investor Relations consultant, my duties include managing pipeline of LPs, creating fund performance reports, data room and asset creation and setting up processes for new and returning LPs to access their data and aid in fundraising.
Growth Instructor and Assistant Program Director, The Laudato Si’ Challenge
May 2017 – Dec 2017 | Rome
The Laudato Si’ Startup Challenge, inspired by Pope Francis, is a global initiative that supports early to mid-stage startups in developing breakthrough enterprise solutions to the world’s most urgent challenges. The challenge, a Right Now! initiative, is set by His Holiness Pope Francis and The Pontifical Council for Justice & Peace, and the competition is open to applicants from all continents and faiths.
The Laudato Si’ Startup Challenge will forge a business model to demonstrate that business solutions can realign our relationships to accord with the planet, our only common home. Wherever there is a vulnerable ecosystem, there are vulnerable people; any service to mitigate the crisis involving our common home is also a service to the world’s most disadvantaged people. The inaugural challenge will be launched on May 5th, 2017, and aims to become a multi-year initiative to stimulate and develop innovative businesses through a rigorous and tested process.
The Laudato Si’ Startup Challenge will unite humanity in common purpose and productive conversation, much like His Holiness Pope Francis’s “Revolution of Tenderness.” It will be a beacon of new business, inspiring a new generation of entrepreneurs to build for-profit, for-purpose companies that address humanity’s biggest challenges in ways that are beneficial to all.
Marketing Manager, Falafel Software
Aug 2016 – Jan 2017 | Scotts Valley
Oversaw and managed marketing for 3 organizations; Falafel Software, EventsXD, MeWatt. Created 12 month marketing plan to increase user base and consolidate user data into behavioral reporting.
• Revamped website layout and content for 70% increase in site traffic. Adjusted offerings to reflect core products for stronger company focus. Created data reporting for measuring site traffic.
• Created user acquisition channel strategy using paid acquisition, content writing and email marketing. Kept consistent email open rate at 30% and above. Drove return customers by offering limited deals for scarcity.
• Led and Implemented mobile ad pricing strategy. Drove 25% increase to in-app purchase by offering package premium options.
• Established partnership deals for product distribution and co-marketing activities.
Growth Marketing Consultant, Siren Socially Evolved
Apr 2016 – Jul 2016 | Seattle
• Created go-to-market strategies.
• Guided core Facebook ad campaign principles.
• Reviewed marketing efforts and assessed validity and reach of those efforts.
• Presented general principles of data-driven strategies.
• Provided insights on the current digital marketing industry.
• Offered timely solutions with awareness of stage (early stage), limited budget, and team size that provided maximum potential impact balanced with the minimal outlay of costs.
Product Hunt Project Launch Manager, Savvy
Feb 2016 – Mar 2016 | San Francisco
Managed every aspect of a company-wide four week sprint to finalize product functionality, messaging, pricing and rollout plan in preparation for March 2016 public beta release.
- Generated 3,000 unique visitors and #4 Product Hunt product ranking on Day One.
- Earned organic placement in Product Hunt’s email digest and interview for upcoming blog post.
Growth Marketer, Tradecraft
Oct 2015 – Jan 2016 | San Francisco
Tradecraft is a full-time tech immersion program for emerging growth hackers that provides participants with the opportunity to work on real-world growth projects for startups alongside seasoned industry practitioners.
- Applied SEO + SEM, content marketing, social media and paid media principles to start-up scenarios.
- Performed SEO audit and created recommendations for website improvement for SenseGrow IoT.
- Implemented Google Analytics and Facebook ads using industry best practices for The Pawington.
- Identified opportunities to increase website conversions and user acquisition for Vainglory iOS Game.
Head of Marketing, Ikky
Apr 2014 – Jan 2015 | Hong Kong
Led Taxiwise business integration effort with Ikky following its purchase by Ikky.
- Created Go-To-Market plan for app launch generating 300 new restaurant signups in the first three months.
- Launched a content marketing video initiative to help tourists and expatriates travel safely in Hong Kong.
- Grew Ikky user base to over 10,000 users using paid acquisitions, content marketing and partnerships.
Cofounder – Marketing & Product, Taxiwise
Nov 2012 – Apr 2014 | Hong Kong
Built a taxi booking app business from the ground up that connected expatriates with taxi drivers with 1 click. Successfully scaled the business and negotiated company’s purchase by Ikky in 2014.
- Brought the app to market, signing over 10,000 taxi drivers and 40,000 users and achieving +3,000 average monthly bookings.
- Led a team of engineers in the creation of four apps: iOS, Android, Web and Driver apps.
- Secured contracts with strategic hotels and established partnership with major taxi advertising company.
- Taxiwise was listed in Hong Kong Business Magazine’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2014 and Asia’s Top 10 taxi booking app in Travel and Leisure magazine.
Product and Communication Manager, Mobexo
Nov 2012 – Apr 2014 | Hong Kong
Led implementation and developed lead generation strategies for a 2-sided mobile payment startup.
- Designed Public Relations campaign for Mobexo which generated meaningful press including: inclusion on Hong Kong Business Magazine’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2014 and StartupHK’s List of Top 10 Hong Kong startups of 2013.
- Grew website traffic count by 40%
Cofounder – CEO, CityWise
Apr 2012 – Sept 2012 | Mountain View, CA
Founded and led CityWise, a Q&A mobile application where a user can ask a question and another end user within the locality will receive a notification.
- Led design and functionality of application
- Conducted market testing and customer validations
Cofounder – CEO, Cloud and You
Jan 2011 – Jul 2012 | Palo Alto, CA
A web platform allowing art and design students to post their work online and get critiqued from their peers or professionals. Students can upload improve versions of their work as layers and see their work history as they progress.